Nominee Eligibility & Qualification Process
Remember – If your Nominee Wins, you Win $100.00
If you gather the most votes for your Nominee and they Win, you Win another $100.00 – So You Can Win Up to $200.00
Nomination Process and Candidate Eligibility
- You complete and submit the Nomination Form below. NOTE: You may save yourself some time by double checking ALL of your data entries for completeness and accuracy before you submit the Nomination Form.
- Let Your Nominee Know - Though not mandatory, we recommend you let your Unsung Hero know you are nominating them to win $1,200.00 in cash and prizes for their selfless acts and that SGB will be calling them for a short interview. Contacts are made, as much as possible, in the order Nominations are received – first come first considered.
- SGB will contact your Nominee - To qualify your Nominee must be contacted by SGB to verify the Nominee information you submitted, they will be ask a few questions, then they can accept or turn down the nomination.
(Some people simply don’t want any recognition or publicity.)
PLEASE NOTE: THREE attempts will be made to contact your nominee by phone, (Leaving voice mail messages as needed), and email. If contact is not established during the Nominations Period (Up to 14 days before Candidates are announced and polls are opened), your nominee will not be accepted but will be considered for the next election cycle.
- The First or Next 5 Nominees who Qualify will be Approved as Candidates for each up-coming election. If your Nominee is qualified and accepted after the First 5 Candidacy Positions are filled for the current election cycle, they will become candidates in the next election cycle. So you do NOT have to re-submit your Nominees information!
- You will be notified by email of your Nominee’s Candidacy or that your Nominee has not accepted your Nomination or did not qualify for the current election cycle.
- Vote and Campaign for your Candidate – Once the Election Polls open you will want to vote and campaign for your Candidate. (Voting and Campaigning are VERY simple point and click processes.) So don’t worry, you won’t be asked to make any speeches
(Also Note: Contact with your Nominee will be for no other purpose than to verify the information you have submitted. There will be NO solicitation for insurance sales. That is not what this program is about.
What is an Election Cycle?
An Election Cycle to elect the next Unsung Hero Election is 6 weeks long (45 Calendar Days) and is broken up into 2 time periods.
- During the First Period (Up to 15 Days or as soon as 5 Candidates have been chosen) – SGB accepts and qualifies 5 Nominees as Candidates. Candidate’s stories of heroism are posted on the “Polls” page where registered voters can choose their Candidate and stuff their ballot box. (More on Ballot Stuffing on the voting page.)
- During the Second Election Cycle Period of 30 Days for Voting – Voters get their friends, followers and fans to vote for their chosen Candidate by sharing their Candidate’s story on Facebook, Twitter, their own blog and Voters will be able to see who of their friends, followers and fans are getting the most voting points accrued for their Candidate.
- During the 30 Day Voting Period – SGB will send out the standings of each Candidate as election returns come in so everyone knows about how many more votes will be required for their Candidate to win the election and the $1,200.00 in Cash and Prizes.
At the end of the 30 Day Voting Period the votes will be tallied and the Election Winner will be announced.
There is a 7 day break before the next Election Cycle starts to allow our web developer to rebuild the voting system. Then the next 6 week cycle will start all over again.
Will the Election be Fair?
Yes – as fair as we can possibly make it – This is the Internet and if someone wants to GAME a system they will probably at least try. However we do have systems in place to red flag suspect voter fraud suspects, give them a chance to explain themselves and if necessary discount or delete their votes. Is our system for rooting out voter fraud perfect? Probably not but we do have our ways of ferreting out wrong doers. If it appears for some reason an election is, “Too close to call”, a panel of judges will have the final decision as to who the actual Candidate is to win that election.
Nominee Qualifications and Eligibility
In order to be eligible for nomination your nominee must be:
- Nominated by someone other than their self
- 18 years of age or older
- A resident of the Inland Valleys Area of Riverside County (See Zip Code List Below.)
- A a U.S. Citizen
- Qualify as an “Unsung Hero”
- Must have committed one note-able selfless act of heroism for one or more people in danger in our inland valley community within the last 6 months without recognition or reward/compensation
- Be an individual who regularly gives freely of their time and efforts to help others in our Inland Valley Communities.
Nominees must Reside in Inland Valley Communities
For the purposes of the “SGB Pay It Forward for Me” elections, we have defined the Inland Valley Communities as follows by Zip Codes within these cities:
Nominate Your Unsung Hero
Please use the Following Form to Nominate your Unsung Hero
The first section is for your information as the Nominator